Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's been 3 weeks...

And while it hasn't been fun, this past week we came to terms with what was going on and were able to formulate plan B. Former employer was officially going to cut him loose this week, but he had one last department to interview for. We had decided to interview with a few other companies and in the meantime all 3 of us decided we would take a Notary Public class to be able to do that. The interview with former employer (new department) was yesterday. The result was good. He got the job.

Now while I am sure most of you are thinking.. oh thank GAWD cuz that was scary... well it still is. He will actually be making about $20 LESS an hour than his former job. That means as of right now, we will ONLY be able to afford our mortgage with his pay. Within his pay we will also have continued health insurance, which was a big concern of mine.. you know, having 2 small children and all. Nothing else will be covered. Which accounts for quite a bit actually. Car insurance, gas & electric, water & trash, cable utilities, cell phones & rv payment. Oh yeah.. did I forget to mention FOOD? Yeah.. well that too. Oh and the holidays... and that pesky property tax which is so lovely in California. Of course we have already cut back on a lot of things.. no going out, no pointless Target trips, but our kids are still growing and winter (however warm it may be compared to most) is right around the corner.. which means jackets and jeans and sweatshirts...

Now I know I may sound bitter, and honestly, I am. I am frusterated that his past 13 years of employment have come down to this. Him practically BEGGING for a job, one that is front line, just so he can get off of Unemployment (which pays diddly squat), keep health insurance for his family and contribute to keeping our household alive and well. 9 years in management and every single place he interviewed for said they wanted him to start at the bottom. It's crap I tell ya. CRAP.

So now... what to do from here? They do have supervisor positions available in this new department, they DO want him in there. They want to train him so that he is aware of their policies and procedures (understandable) and they have said after that, it is up to him to move up. Basically depending on how fast he catches on and proves he can do it, then they will move him upwards. They do want to fast track him and they haven't put a time frame on it. That part is good. Now I go back to worrying whether or not he will make sufficient effort to have it happen sooner rather than later. I don't want to be the naggy bitch wife who is constantly harping.. but I also don't want to be the horrible stressed out wife who is constantly worrying how we are going to pay these other bills. Here is the hard part for me. Because now I have lost trust in him. While I completely feel that he was fired for bull crapola reasons, that for whatever reason they just didn't want him there and they found completely lame reasons to justify firing him.. I still worry that there were things he could have done better... efforts he could have made to prevent this... etc. The controlling part of me does NOT have an easy time with this. AT ALL.

So anyway.. this is a step in the right direction. I still have an eye twitch, I am still having trouble sleeping, and now I am worried that they will give him a graveyard position once again, which will mean that he won't have the energy to do ANYTHING outside of this job. Which honestly, he needs to do. I don't want to live off of father-in-law for the rest of my damn life.

Ok.. bitter post today with a highlight of somewhat good news... hugz

1 comment:

Tina said...

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))again!!!

I'm glad to hear that he got the job though! It's a step in the right direction.

As ALWAYS, I'm here to help out in ANY way I can!!

Just think of it this way, it's just going to be a creative Christmas. :) I'll be on the lookout for deals for you too!!!