Sunday, October 01, 2006

This blog has become horribly depressing...

but I am sure you are thinking.. HEY.. no news is good news right?

NO

WRONG

He didn't get the job. We don't know why, we are waiting on an email.

He DOES have a 2nd interview with the people he interviewed with in the first place. Not sure when or what that will yield, but at this point, anything is a bonus.

Unemployment kicks in this week, but sadly, it is MINISCULE compared to what he was making. You know how everyone talks about %'s when it comes to unemployment/disability? WELL, apparently there is a MAX salary amount they base it off of, and he was WAY over that. So we are getting about 45% of what he was making BEFORE they take the taxes out. EACH MONTH. Woopedy do. That will cover.. oh... the mortgage? And pretty much food. And that's it. So all of the utilites need to get covered somehow or the other. Hmmm. Looks like I may be picking up more days at the store and possibly looking for a job. I guess we will see.

Good news is that we sign our loan papers tomorrow, so that will relieve some stress.

Did I mention that amidst all of this mess I have a HUGE trade show in less than 2 weeks? AND, the city decided to partially close off access to the street my store is on, and the businesses are suffering BADLY for it? I am finally starting to pick up after a slow summer but have no idea how this will affect me... ugh

OK, enough whining, I am off to work. Have a day.

1 comment:

Tina said...

((((((((((((((((((((Shawni)))))))))))))))))))))

I am here for you girl!!!!!