Thursday, June 29, 2006

Today is a sad day....

~*~Pansy Foreman~*~

This morning at around 3:15 am my grandma left us. She was surrounded by family, she was not in pain, her body just slowly shut down until she was finally gone. She is the last of the most influential women in my life to go. My mother passed 10 years ago, my paternal grandma passed last year and now she is gone too. I was very fortunate to be there with her. Both my brother and I were there, he holding her hand, I rubbing her shoulders and back, trying to keep her warm. I will miss her dearly, but I know she is with my mom now, her baby. No longer will she have to deal with the dementia that has plagued her for the past 11-12 years, no longer will she have to live with pain and confusion. No longer will she need to listen to those around her bitch and moan about this and that. She was the best grandma she could be. She was loving and funny. Sweet and sassy. She was the one that I knew would hurt me the most to lose. I will miss the spunky humour and witty one liners she used to pull. I will miss her cursing out my grandpa or my dad. I will miss the way if felt when she gave big hugs. I will miss how she used to scare us kids when she pulled out her teeth. I love you grandma... know that you were special and loved and WILL NOT be forgotten. Have a peaceful journey and say hello to mom for me. i love you


5 comments:

Vimbai said...

Sorry about your gran :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry hun. Lots of love for you...

Tina said...

Oh hon, I'm so sorry you lost your grandma!!! We know it's so hard to lose a very important person in our lives! I'm here for you ANYTIME!!!!

Love,

Tina

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Free blackberry download home mortgage refinancing alexander city64 jeep wrangler tire lexus car cover car cash loan title Fate of blackberry service5 Equine fluoxetine Hummer h2 gas mileage